Our Extermination Technique for German Cockroach and its Advantages.
We prefer to utilize a commercially registered insecticide Bait application to exterminate all major species of German Cockroach.
Here are the key points:
- Because broadcast application of Control Agents is avoided in Bait application, it results in less pollution and general hazard for people and pets. Hence, there is a lot less intrusion to the flow of life.
- German Cockroach would be attracted to the bait and having consumed it, they would be impacted by it. The German Cockroach are least likely to be going into new areas to widen the area of the infestation.
- Not only that the German Cockroach would be exterminated having consumed the bait but they would also prove to be a source of secondary poisoning for other German Cockroach.
- This technique is cleaner in it’s application and safer for people and pets.
- Client is not required to prepare the property in any way for the application process.
- Client is not required to leave the property during nor after the application.
The Expected Results of German Cockroach Extermination and Outcome of the Treatment:
In about 3-5 weeks, all German Cockroach would have had the time and opportunity to feed on the bait. The bulk of Bait’s content is palatable food for German Cockroach but it also contains a small but lethal amount of active agent. It is this substance that eliminates German Cockroach.
Gradually all German Cockroach would become affected in all of their nesting areas. In about 3-5 weeks all German Cockroach would have expired. Most of the German Cockroach would have died behind the scene in their hidden nesting spaces. In cases of very high infestations, there may be dead German Cockroach found near the foraging areas.
When it comes to cleaning away the debris and remnants of German Cockroach, standard care should be taken. Try to avoid inhaling the dust and debris. Spray anti-bacterial cleaning agent to suppress the particles from becoming air borne. Then wipe them off with a disposable cleaning cloth. Use of cleaning gloves is recommended.
Our exterminators will inspect the structure for points of vulnerabilities that may facilitate future infestations or conditions that may be helping German Cockroach to flourish. It will be up to the owner to act on the recommendations.
At Quest Pest Management Inc., we have the highest success rate of complete elimination of German Cockroach with one treatment alone.
Prior to carrying out treatment for German Cockroach, we will do an inspection or survey of the property to determine the extent and scope of the infestation. In doing so, we will also obtain information from people present on site.
Frequently asked Questions:
What can I do ? What are DIY suggestions ? How to prevent or remedy German Cockroaches ?
Some of the Do it Yourself recommendations are:
Reduce the possibilities of German Cockroaches reaching you. They are likely to originate from places of high infestation levels. An infested object would have the tell tale signs such as: The Cockroach excrements, Egg Cases, Baby Cockroaches, Their skins and the Cockroaches themselves.
- In the order of priority second element that you should pay attention to is the Environment. An environment with good temperature, access to water and food, would be most hospitable to Cockroaches. They would reproduce and multiply at full potential, resulting in high infestation in short time. Without impacting yourself, consider reducing the temperature and humidity levels.
- Check for condensation and water leaks and fix them around kitchen and washrooms.
- Dispose of your garbage and recycling daily in tight lid containers so that Cockroaches never have access to it.
- Periodically, clean under and around your toaster, stove, coffee maker, etc.
- Scan your kitchen for moisture and food sources, before retiring for the night – this is when German Cockroaches are most active.
- Reduce clutter of shopping bags, paper products and cardboards, etc.
Throw hurdles at them:
Next, limit the scouting and foraging activity zone of Cockroaches. Seal around pipes and conduits with expandable liquid foam or silicone gel. Also, you should caulk around the gaps in the cabinetry where Cockroaches take shelter behind.
Once you have reached the decision to deploy pesticides yourself, research what products are available to you in your jurisdiction. You may be able to get products registered for home use in your local hardware store.
Follow the instruction on the labels and data sheets. In an effort to reduce chemical exposure, we recommend baits versus spays.
Other companies are offering to spray and even that multiple applications. Why do you suggest to apply bait to Exterminate German Cockroaches?
Not only it is a environmentally friendly initiative and Green approach by QPM, it simply works best in most situations. If you have a case of an extremely high cockroach infestation, where there are thousands of cockroaches and you see dozens of them during day light hours in any given cabinet of your kitchen, then Spraying first and doing a follow-up with bait may make sense.
What are the disadvantages of the Spray application for German cockroach extermination?
Cockroaches would take shelter at the first signs of an insecticide spray being applied. And cockroaches have developed resistance to the residual affects of most commercial insecticides. Spraying on a cockroach and spraying on a surface that may be traveled upon by a cockroach are two very different applications.
What are the advantages of the Bait application for German cockroach extermination?
Firstly, it works. Cockroaches are attracted to it’s palatability. While cockroaches have develop resistance and avoidance techniques for surfaces treated by commercial insecticide spray, they are attracted to the gourmet components of the bait such as carbohydrates and water content. Because cockroaches ingest this bait and the minute amount of insecticide with it. This insecticide works from inside of the target organism. Hence, bait work flawlessly.
What is the difference between bait application by different providers. Why your bait application is superior to others for cockroach extermination?
Firstly, not all baits are created equal. It is the bulk of the contents of a bait that would attract the cockroach. Hidden in the primary matrix of the bait is the lethal pesticide. In some cases, the cockroaches have developed avoidance for the compositions that are detrimental to them. So the Baits that have been used for many years, are now avoided by cockroaches. We select from the most effective baits available for commercial applications. These products are only available to Licensed Pesticide Operators and are only deployed by Licensed Exterminators in Ontario.
Is one treatment often enough to get rid of problem ?
From our experience, more than 90% cases of German Cockroaches would be resolved by one bait application. If needed, we would provide with one follow-up treatment within the 7-months period, free of cost to our clients.